NordGen Forest Conference 2018
New forest for future needs
- using advanced regeneration methods and techniques
18-19 September Tuusula, Southern Finland
We would like to invite you to participate in the NordGen Forest 2018 Conference in Hotel Gustavelund 18 September and field trip on 19 September to Southern Finland (Harviala, Röykkä). NordGen Forest is to address conservation and sustainable use of forest genetic resources, by being a forum for researchers, practitioners and managers working on forest genetics, seeds, planting stock and regeneration, and by facilitating the flow of scientific information and knowhow between these groups.
The areas that will be covered at the conference and field trip include:
- strategic objectives related to forest regeneration in Finland’s National Forest Strategy
- choosing regeneration chain by using big data
- new methods for seedling stand monitoring
- somatic embryogenesis of Norway spruce in Finland
- new technologies can create new forests (possibilities of genomic selection)
- current bottlenecks identified in planting research
- future diseases risks for three seedlings
- red band needle disease of pine
- mechanical thinning of seedling stand
- data collection using drones
- material for 2nd generation seed orchards
- artificial lightning treatments for seedlings
Contact and practical information
Questions please write to email@example.com
Please see below the hotel's instructions for room reservations.
Guests will book and pay their rooms themselves.
Room reservations until 17.8.2018, after that we will release the non-reserved rooms.
Reservations from reception:
tel. +358 (0)9 273751 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly use code NordGen Conference 2018
(Kindly notice that price cannot be booked via internet).